Reporting to the Practice Operations Manager, the Medical Assistant (MA) is directly responsible for coordinating and providing clinical operations and administrative support to providers who deliver Primary & Urgent Care Services.
Nature and Scope:
The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for assisting providers to ensure that they have the necessary clinical/administrative resources and support to effectively manage the shift. This includes proactively managing the coordination of clinical and administrative services to include the provision of triage services, vaccination administration, documentation and completion, PHI scanning, filing and patient correspondence.
- Greet Patients & Families
- Draw Vaccines and Verify Dosages
- Administer Injections
- Process Labs
- Complete Well-Child Packets in preparation for Primary Care Visits.
- Contact LabCorp to Reset Passwords
- Provide BMI/Hearing Vision/PKU/Triaging
- Management of Vaccine Records
- Pulling and Preparing Vaccine Records and Vaccine information Sheets for Providers and Parents.
- Providing Fluoride garnishes.
- Ensuring that Required Patient Information is thoroughly Completed and verified at each visit.
- Scoring ASQ’s
- Scheduling Appointments & providing patients with Appointment Cards
- Entering Vaccines and Scanning WCC Paperwork into the E.H.R/EMR.
- Receive and store Vaccines.
- Perform between cases cleaning in all Exam Rooms.
- Complete tasks on assigned opening and closing checklists.
- Reconstitute oral medications (e.g. amoxicillin)
- Prepare and administer oral medications after review by provider.
- Ability To Proactively Plan and Multi-Task
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Oral & Written Effectiveness
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Clinical Information Systems Management
- Service Recovery Administration
- Scheduling and Organization Proficiency
- Customer Service Engagement
- Problem Solving & Project Management
- Demonstrated Clinical Skill Set and Knowledge of vaccines/administration.
- The Medical Assistant (MA) must hold a valid (Accredited) Certified Medical Assistant Certificate.
- The Medical Assistant (MA) must possess a minimum of three (3) years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- The Medical Assistant (MA) must possess effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- The Medical Assistant (MA) must possess working and transferable knowledge of Microsoft Office and the use of a current Electronic Health Management System.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift (minimally 50lbs), climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, pull, push, reach, calculate and organize for extended periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the application below.