Reporting to the Practice Operations Manager (POM), the Patient Service Representative (PSR) serves as the primary point of service and administrative support for families and Kinder Mender staff.
Nature and Scope:
The PSR is a service ambassador, administrative coordinator and support resource. The PSR is directly responsible for engaging patients and families to assist with answering questions and performing tasks regarding registration details and paperwork, visit protocol and for helping to obtain the answers to questions that may arise as part of the visit. The PSR also assists KM staff by performing administrative tasks that help to facilitate a safe and efficient patient flow.
- Greet Patients & Families
- Answer telephones, take & forward messages to providers and KM leadership
- Forward e-mails to providers and KM leadership
- Conduct Follow Up Calls/Lab Processing
- Review and Scan Medical Records/PHR into Patient Charts
- Verify medical Insurances
- Collect Co-pays
- Schedule appointments for Primary Care WCC visits
- Inventory & Stock supplies and medications
- Receive and store Vaccines
- PHI Document Management
- Proficiency Operating/Managing Clinical Information Systems
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Oral & Written Effectiveness
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Customer Service Engagement & Service Recovery
- Scheduling and Organization Proficiency
- Problem Solving & Task Management
- Ability to Multi-Task
- Excellent Phone Etiquette
- Ability to follow instructions and especially under pressure
- The Patient Service Representative must hold a valid High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.).
- The Patient Service Representative must possess a minimum of three (3) years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- The Patient Service Representative must possess effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- The Patient Service Representative must possess working and transferable knowledge of Microsoft Office and the use of a current Electronic Health Management System.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift (minimally 50lbs), climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, pull, push, reach, calculate and organize for extended periods of time.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the application below.