Medical Referrals for Pediatric Specialists
KinderMender’s primary care physicians and certified nurse practitioners are experts in their chosen profession. Occasionally, however, our caregivers see patients whose concerns or ailments require further examination for complete and successful treatment.
Some medical and health issues that may require medical referrals include:
- Vision problems
- Chronic infections
- Developmental delays
Pediatric specialists that KinderMender can provide medical referrals include, but are not limited to:
- Physical Therapist
- ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat)
- And more
If You Need a Referral
KinderMender patients insured through an HMO must obtain medical referrals in order to see a specialist.
To receive a medical referral, a patient must:
- Receive an initial consultation from a KinderMender primary care physician
- Select a specialist that participates under your insurance carrier
- Make an appointment with specialist of your choice
- Call KinderMender and request a referral be completed and faxed to the specialist’s office
- Provide the name of the specialist you have selected, address, phone number, fax number and time/date of your appointment.
Please note that not all insurances need a referral from your primary care team and you can inquire if you need to get a referral while you make the appointment from the specific specialist.
Receive the Care You Need
If you believe your child is suffering from a chronic condition that should be evaluated by a specialist, make an appointment to see a KinderMender primary care physician or nurse practitioner at one of our four Maryland locations today.